Does you really need a car for your business?

Are you are wondering whether your business needs a car? Well consider your starting point: so far you have managed just fine. If nothing dramatic has changed, perhaps you only need that car occasionally?

These days there are many more options for occasional car use. Car hire remains the first choice for many, but there are also car clubs, where you can opt in for as little as an hour at a time and where you can access ‘your’ car with your membership card, quite possibly just around the corner.

Or if you are going on a business trip, how about sharing? Companies like Liftshare can hook you up with any number of people who are already going your way and are happy to share the costs. Alternatively friends or relatives may have a car that they hardly use and would be delighted to have the option of sharing costs.

Whatever you do, you need to make sure that you are always insured.  The good news is that if you are only using the car for a short period, you don’t need to pay for annual car insurance policy.

Here are some other situation where temporary car insurance could be just the ticket:

  • If you are planning to set up a pop-up store that lasts for a few days, you can get insurance for all your goods and products
  • If you have to work on an on-site project for a short period.
  • If you are going on a business trip or attending meetings/conferences across the country.
  • If you are moving between offices, then probably you need a vehicle for short-term.
  • If you’ve just bought a new car, then you will not get insurance cover by default. Instead of buying insurance on immediate basis, you can go with short-term insurance for a few days
  • If you are planning to sell your car and realized that your annual policy is applicable only for a few days, then short-term insurance would be the right option to go with instead of a new annual policy

Benefits of Short-term Car Insurance

  • Get insurance for a day or up to 28 days
  • Instant coverage as per your requirement
  • Insure someone on your car for a short period
  • No risk to ‘No claims discount’

Who is Eligible for Short-term Car Insurance?

  • Driver age should be between 18 and 75
  • UK driver’s license valid for at least six months
  • European Union license valid for at least 12 months or a provisional driving license

This post is sponsored by Callwiser. If you are planning for short-term car insurance in the UK, Callwiser can help you get the best temporary car insurance to fit your needs. Starting from basic comprehensive policy to third party cover, you can choose the best policy from various available options. 


Leave a comment